These terms and conditions (the “agreement”) are a legal agreement between you and The Borrowed Collective. This agreement contains all the terms and conditions governing the rental of items from The Borrowed Collective via our website.
In consideration of the Rental Price to be paid by you, and the agreements set forth in these Terms and Conditions, The Borrowed Collective agrees to rent you the Item as selected by you subject to the following;
- You agree to pay the rental fee and all necessary postage and professional cleaning costs as detailed in your order. Once a rental is confirmed under these Terms and Conditions, through payment by you, you cannot transfer your rental of the item to another date.
- If you need to cancel any order, cancellation must be received no later than 24 hours after an order is made on our website.
- Items hired online are at your own risk should they not fit or you change your mind. No refunds will be given in this instance.
- Though we try our best to ensure the description and measurements are accurate on each product, these are a guide only.
- If you have not paid for insurance at checkout and should the item be returned excessively dirty, have alcohol, fake tan, make up stains, or similar soiling, there will be an extra cleaning charge. This will also apply to small repairs. This will be determined at The Borrowed Collective’s discretion. You agree to not attempt to wash the item, dry clean it or put a hot iron on without consulting with us first.
- Should you fail to return the item or the item is returned in a state where it is unusable you hereby authorize The Borrowed Collective to charge your credit card a charge of 150% of the retail value of the item hired from our website. The charge of 150% of the retail value represents the loss for the value of the item and the anticipated loss of revenue from further rental of the item.
- Your item MUST be returned to a post office and sent for next day delivery in the return package provided by 4.00pm the following business day after your rental period ends. Please note, you MUST do this over-the-counter at your local post office and not in a street postal box – as the clearance times for street boxes differ and delay by 5 days.
- If you return the item through a dropbox or send it back with an economy post service, you are liable for any damage. You are also liable if the item is stolen or lost as Courier Post do not cover any parcel sent on this service. If you put the parcel in a drop box you will be charged a late fee for every day it’s not scanned.
- The Borrowed Collective is not responsible for the tracking of your item. Please ensure you track this yourself using the link sent to you when your parcel has been collected. You can follow up with Courier Post on 0800COURIER if it looks like there may be a delay with your parcel or you’d like to organise a collection from your local depot.
- In cases where the dress is not returned, failure to do so will incur a late fee of $40 for each additional day you retain the Item up to 150% of the retail value of the dress. If the rental garment is not returned to us within 14 days of the initial booked return date, this will be considered a breach of your TBC rental agreement and we will have the right to charge you 150% of the retail value less any late fees already paid.
- If the item is not returned within 2 business days following your event, you will be charged the full Rental Fee for another 2 day hire and subsequently 2 day periods following until the item is received by The Borrowed Collective.
- We recommend creating an order well in advance of your rental date. Ensuring you book the start date as the date you wish to receive it and the end date as the day following your event. If you book within 3 business* days of your event, please note this is at your own risk as you haven’t allowed enough time to include possible courier delays. If you are booking after 3pm Thursday for the weekend, you must select Saturday delivery at checkout.
- We ship via Courier Post overnight delivery service. You are responsible for tracking your parcel via the link emailed to you once the item has been sent. If you’re concerned about the tracking please ensure you call 0800COURIER. As we have no control over courier delays, this is the quickest way to keep up to date or resolve any issues/organise a possible depot pick up. However, if it does not arrive with you on the date of your booking, a refund (minus shipping) will be given if the booking was created more than 3 business days prior to the event date, notwithstanding clauses 3-7; 9-15. Saturday delivery is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee this will arrive in time. Refunds are not eligible when Saturday delivery is selected. If you are going away and have booked the item to arrive with you before you go away please let us know prior.
- If your item does not arrive on the start date you have booked for you qualify for a refund (minus shipping). This is only if the parcel doesn’t arrive on the date of your event, not the time of your event. If your event is during the day, you must book the start date for the day prior. Refunds on failed deliveries will only be available if the booking was created earlier than 3 business days prior to the booking date and is returned over the counter at the post office the following business day of arrival. The overnight shipping service is a target not a promise.
- If you hire a back up order, please ensure you only remove one tag. If you decide to wear both tags, that’s not a problem but you will be charged the full rental cost of both. If you do decide to wear both please let us know.
- You agree and acknowledge that you are renting an item for a limited time and that ownership of the item at all times remains with The Borrowed Collective.
- You agree to treat the item with great care, as if it was your own. You are responsible for all loss, destruction or damage to the Item from the hire date until it is returned (see clauses 4 & 5 for details of penalties).
- If you return the Item in a damaged condition and The Borrowed Collective determines that the item can be repaired you will be liable to pay the cost of repairing the damage. The determination of whether the item can be repaired or whether clause 5 applies is at The Borrowed Collective’s reasonable discretion.
- The Borrowed Collective reserves the right to take all steps necessary to collect amounts due from you, including but not limited to legal action and/or using third party collection agencies. The Borrowed Collective reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. In instances that we need to collect debt via a third party agency, this will be at your own expense and the commission amount will be added to your invoice.
- Any refunds processed will be minus the transaction fee for payments made via Paypal, Laybuy or Afterpay.
- If you lose the return packaging provided to you (the prepaid Courier Post bag), you are solely responsible for the return of the items at your own cost by the expected return date and upon arranging alternative return of the goods you shall provide The Borrowed Collective with a tracking number. This MUST be NZ Post only and must be put with overnight tracking not just tracked, you must ensure there is a yellow overnight courier sticker added by the checkout teller. Other courier companies used or normal tracked parcels may arrive 3-5 days late and therefore will be charged late fees.
- For Auckland-only rentals, if you selected ‘pick up’ as your shipping option, you must also drop off the item to the same pick-up location. The pick-up option does not include a return postal bag for this reason. If you need to return via post, you must get in touch with us to print out a return label for you to use.
- Upon submitting an order with The Borrowed Collective we agree to deliver the item ordered including the specified size, colour and design, on the date that you have requested delivery, at the address noted in the order. Should you receive an item which does not meet your specified size, colour and design you agree to contact The Borrowed Collective within 24 hours of the date on which you received the products via email or telephone and return the product in the return packaging provided in the order. We will then issue you a credit for the full rental fee and make all reasonable efforts to find a suitable replacement for the goods. The Borrowed Collective take no liability should the goods not fit the customer due to an error in ordering the wrong size.
- If your event is cancelled due to the Covid 19, we will offer a full store credit to the value of your rental that does not expire. Please note this only applies if we are notified via email (email@example.com) of the cancellation at least 5 days prior to your booking start date.
Please note that as this is a rental item it may have subtle signs of a bit of love and wear. As it’s not often a brand new unworn piece as you would find in a retail store, please consider there may be the odd little pill or little mark.
However we do our best to ensure all items are still presented in beautiful and wearable condition. All garments delivered have been professionally cleaned and are provided to the customer in a ready to wear state. We inspect each item before delivery with the utmost care, and should you receive goods that are in a damaged state, please contact The Borrowed Collective within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
* a business day is defined as before 3pm when our courier arrives. Eg: If you booked Monday at 5pm your first business day starts Tuesday.